ABOUT THE COURSE
4 months intensive program plus 2 months internship is designed for students who wish to make specialization in Bakery Science and Technology. This is only such comprehensive program for post graduate studies in Bakery Technology and Management available in India.
4 Months plus 2 months internship.
BATCH STARTING DATES
August 22, 2022
Graduate of science, home science, food technology, engineering, Vocational and allied subjects like Hotel Management, Maths, Microbiology, etc.)
- This course focuses on five specific modules Bread Technology, Biscuit Technology, Cakes and Sweet Goods, Applied Bakery Science, Food Safety and Quality Control and Entrepreneurship.
- Students will learn the fundamentals of bakery science with emphasis on the functional chemistry of bakery ingredients. They will come to understand the bakery processes, products, trouble shooting, product quality, food safety and bakery management.
- Emphasis will be on the bakery technology and research based projects with implementation of latest technologies related to bakery industry.
- This course is coupled with Industrial visits, workshops, seminars mentored by industry professionals.
- Opportunity to work with other institutes, companies, research laboratories in collaboration with AIBTM.
- Key examinations and viva will be evaluated by technical experts.
- International Collaboration with our partner; Kansas State University, USA, Canadian International Grain Institute, Hyjeon College, South Korea, Tafe Hunter, Australia, City & Guilds, UK.
Students successfully completing the program will be ready for Executive and Junior management bakery industry career, in large, medium, artisan units, and in related businesses internationally. They will be ready for placement in:
- Production & Processing (Bread, Biscuits, Cakes and Sweet Goods)
- Quality Control
- Research & Development, Product Improvement and Design
- Food Ingredient Technologist
- Sales & Marketing
- Bakery Entrepreneurship
Continuous assessment will be done via observation of practical skills and bakery knowledge through a portfolio of evidence.
MODULES AND SUBJECTS
|1||Bakery Science & Technology||4|
|2||Ingredients & Materials Technology||4|
|3||Bread & Fermented Goods||4|
|4||Biscuits, Cakes & Sweet Goods||4|
|5||Artisan Bakery & Patisseries||2|
|6||Food Safety & Quality Management||4|
|9||Entrepreneurship & Management||4|
|India, Nepal & Bhutan Students||International (US$)|
|Total||₹ 107000||$ 1570|
|Accommodation||India (INR)||International (US$)|
|Non A.C. Rooms (Triple Sharing)||55,000||1400|
|A.C. Rooms (Triple Sharing)||65,000||1500|
|Single A.C. Room||1,20,000||2500|
|A.C. Rooms (Double Sharing)||80,000||1800|
- World class bakery lab with commercial style equipment and machinery.
- Fully equipped research and development lab for new product development.
- Highly designed food quality lab for testing of food samples.
- Library, study area with wi-fi connectivity
- Hostel Accommodation
- Homely and hygienic food is available at our state-of-the-art cafeteria.
- An exclusive bakery & coffee corner.
- Candidate can apply for single module also. He/ She will get the certifcate for the same. If candidate complete all other modules in future, he/she will be awarded PG Diploma certifcate at that time.
- Those seeking Hostel Accommodation will be required to pay the Hostel security of Rs. 10,000 along with the Hostel Fee at the time of admission.
- Hostel accommodation will be on First-come-First basis.